Home' Nufarm Annual Report : Nufarm Annual Report 2015 Contents CORPORATE GOVERNANCE continued
We are accountable for our decisions and our actions. We recognise trust is
at the foundation of relationships and acting ethically, safely and responsibly
creates that trust.
We are resourceful and adaptable in meeting the needs of our customers
and our organisation.
We respect others – colleagues, customers and stakeholders – and our
environment. We care for all our resources.
We are an innovative, entrepreneurial organisation where individuals and teams
can do what is best for the customer, the organisation and our stakeholders
This means we:
• promote equal opportunity in the workplace and ensure decisions regarding
employment, including (but not limited to) recruitment, remuneration,
training, promotion and development, are made without regard for race,
gender, marital status, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other non-merit
• train our people to ensure they understand their rights and responsibilities
in relation to relevant equal employment opportunity, discrimination, human
rights and related legislation for each country in which we operate; and
• create an environment where people are comfortable to report inappropriate
or offensive behaviour and where complaints are treated in a sensitive, fair
and timely manner.
This means we:
• aim to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. To us that means
we have been successful in attracting and retaining the best talent available
in the community;
• build a talent pipeline and develop the potential of those who show promise
to underpin our continued growth and contribution to the community; and
• develop policies and practices that help support our people to enjoy enriching
lives including a balance of work, family and personal fulfilment.
This means we:
• create an inclusive workplace culture where all people are treated with dignity
• take opportunities to learn about different cultures and heritages, celebrating
their contribution to the richness of our workplace and our communities; and
• recognise and show respect to the traditional custodians of the land and the
waters where we operate.
This means we:
• embrace the value that a range of perspectives and life experiences can
add to the quality of decision making and to innovation practices/processes,
which is fundamental to our future success; and
• seek to unlock the capabilities and potential of our people through our
talent and development frameworks and effective leadership behaviours.
Global diversity policy launch
In 2015, Nufarm launched a refreshed
global diversity policy. A copy of the
policy is available on the corporate
governance section of the company’s
website. The policy links actions in
support of diversity to the Nufarm
values of responsibility, agility, respect
and empowerment with the aim
of embedding it in our culture. An
extract of the policy is adjacent.
The policy was launched by the
managing director and chief executive
officer Greg Hunt who stated: ‘At
Nufarm we have a fundamental belief
that talent comes from all parts of
the community and to be the most
competitive we can be, we must
access and develop that talent
better than others’.
To complement the launch a number
of positive examples of diversity were
publicised, such as the story below.
This program of openly and regularly
celebrating diversity in company
newsletters and corporate messaging
is a key aspect of Nufarm’s
communications strategy in
the short term.
Leonie Hughes, Horsham Australia
– winner of 2014 Nufarm global
Nufarm’s global sales and innovation
awards are an annual celebration
of employees who have made
exceptional contributions to Nufarm
whilst demonstrating our company
values in December 2014, Leonie
Hughes was awarded the Nufarm
global innovation award for her
work to create and launch a tool
now used on a daily basis by
Nuseed Australia’s sales team.
The technology titled ‘NuSTEP’
is a unique tool that allows sales
representatives to generate a report
on behalf of a customer that details
the most successful seed varieties
grown in their local area. The tool
has been exceptionally well received
by Nuseed customers.
24 | NUFARM LIMITED ANNUAL REPORT 2015
Links Archive Nufarm Half Year Report 2015 Nufarm Sustainability Report 2015 Navigation Previous Page Next Page